Publish and data transfer

Hello Justin,

is following possible and if yes, what are the settings?

1. Use “publish” function to upload the app and install the app on the devices via QR-Code from MS publish server (https://ctclassic-eu.azurewebsites.net). … and …
  2. Send collected data from device(s) to another (own) webpage, not to the MS publish server.

Cheers Holger

Hi Holger,

If you would like to create your own server, I can join you to the GitHub repository. You will need to have an Azure account, etc.

Cheers,
-Justin

Tnx for fast answer. I think this will not solve the problem. The data were send to a special developed webpage, where the data are processed and shown to the people. This is given and fixed.

In moment I use “web install” for installation of the app to the devices. But I remember that you’ve said that you will cancel this function later (or I’m wrong?).

That’s why I would like to combine Publish and separate data upload if possible.

Holger

Hi Holger,

As I recall if you Publish the app, but your transfer settings are already set, then they will be retained.

Cheers,
-Justin

ok, I will try that. Tnx.

I guess it is working. 1st: Do the settings in “Database Properties → Transfer” to my own website and 2nd: Publish for install.
Thanks again
Holger

Justin, what the “Reset” Button on “Publish Application” window is doing?

Hi Holger,

If you duplicated your database and made some changes, then publishing would overwrite your original app. This lets you start fresh with a new app.

Cheers,
-Justin

Next question to “Publish” and “Webinstall”: Because of security reasons the user wants to place the Project on his own server. For this purpose we have used “Webinstall” functionality well. If the URL is transforming into QR-Code, would the “QR Code - Installation” in CyberTracker App on device also work for?

Tnx
Holger

Hi Holger,

I would need to check if we can make web install work with a QR code, but then you would need to create that yourself.

There is another group interested in standing up their own server, so if you want to go this route, let me know. Basically you would need an Azure account and a bit of knowledge around how to set it up.

Cheers,
-Justin

Thanks Justin, I will ask the project people …