Data to be downloaded has gone to the wrong database

Hello,

I believe there has been a problem/error in uploading the data to the server. Some time ago, I created an application (let’s call it Alpha) to collect data in the field. Since we saw it was better to make it simpler, we ended up “splitting” the structure into two different applications (let’s call them Beta and Epsilon). Because both originated from a more complex initial idea, I kept the names of some variables in both Beta and Epsilon. On my PC, I have all three applications saved in MDB format; however, on the mobile devices, we only have the Beta and Epsilon applications loaded, because are the ones we truly use. We had been using both to collect data, and the upload to the server and subsequent download via a report on the PC worked perfectly. However, today we collected data with Beta, and when trying to update the report, it said there was no data available. By chance, I checked Alpha, and when I selected “download data”, the data corresponding to today’s work was there. The problem is that I can’t extract all the information because, since we collected the data with the Beta app, there are simply variables that don’t exist in Alpha, so they don’t appear in the report… and I don’t know how to obtain the data we collected today with Beta…

I do not know how this even happened… because I did not have Alpha installed in my phone, so I do not understand how the data has ended in the Alpha report.

Hope the example of my problem was clear enough

Thank you sooo much

One question: If you open your applications and check the entry in File->Database properties → Transfer → Url and Username … Does your applications (Alpha, Beta, Epsilon) has same or different entries there?

I checked and Alpha and Beta share exactly the same Url and Username.

Hi Ariadna,

If I follow correctly, you split your single database into three separate databases, but did not reset the publishing information. That means that when you download data from one database, it would get data for all of them. To fix this, you can go to the publish dialog and reset. Then when you republish, on each, you will get a fresh queue which is independent from the others.

Cheers,
-Justin

Ok, but is there any chance to recover the data I collected but was downloaded to the wrong database? Or once downloaded into one database it is impossible to download again to the correct one? If there was just a file in my smarthphone cybertracker folder or something that I could just recover from that day it would be amaizing.

Thanks in advance

Ariadna

Hi Ariadna,

The easiest would be to go to the database with all the data and export (via File->Export data) just the data in question. Then you can import that data into your other databases.

If you have already deleted it, then you should be able to find the data in the Documents\CyberTracker\System\Backup folder.

If you still cannot find it, you can send me the username from the Transfer tab and the date you need to recover and I will restore it on the server. The server retains backups for 90 days.

Cheers,
-Justin

Sooo many thanks Justin. That worked perfectly.

Ariadna