Cybertracker not picking up my device for USB Transfer

We wanted to use the USB transfer feature for data security reasons, but the application does not pick up the andriod device.

Please help

Could you say more about what you tried? The process of configuring for file transfer is tricky. Is the device showing up in Windows Explorer and can you navigate to it?

Cheers,
-Justin

Hi Justin,

Yes, i can see it in my windows explorer. I have tried clicking on “download files from mobile device” under the file tab with no luck.

To confirm, you are able to upload an application to the device and capture and save data. Then when you plug your device in again and click download, the data does not show up. Is that correct?

I have downloaded cybertracker on my smartphone and collected data in field, but when I try to transfer the data from my phone to the computer it does not detect my Andriod phone. I know in the past we used the Windows mobile device center with Active sync but it has been discontinued since 2008. I don’t know how else to get my data off my device while staying offline

That’s pretty weird, because the process that puts your app onto the device is the same as the one that takes the data off. Which make/model are you using? There is an additional way of doing this where you can click “Send data” from the device and it will allow you to email the data to yourself. Is that something you would be okay with?

Yeah, Windows Mobile worked quite well for many years, but things have moved on.

Cheers,
-Justin

Yes it is weird, i downloaded the app via the playstore and uploaded the application via the QR code. I’m using the Ulefone Rugged armor 14.

with the email, can you customize who you email it to or is it the email address of the database creator?

I see when I try to install via the USB it doesn’t work either. Do i have to specify the port of which USB i want it to go to?

Oh, you probably don’t want to use the QR code, because that sets up a data queue which is online. It could be that your data is actually downloadable. Could you try File->Download Data from Web?

It’s not really email specifically, it pushes the data to the device sharing system. So you could share the data via email, whatsapps, etc.

Oh, ok.

How can i get the sequence on my phone without the qr code? since the usb doesn’t work?

When i used download from the web, it says it downloads - but then it goes into backup and not into my queries.

the data sharing system sounds interesting… is there a link or video where I can learn more about that?

No, the link and the QR code are the same thing. If you want to be completely offline, then you will have to use “Install (USB)”, not “Publish”. It is possible to get a mix and match of sending the app over the web and getting the data over USB, but let’s not go there.

Could you say more about the data going into backup, but not your queries? Perhaps there are other databases and it went into one of those? You can see what happened by looking at the Download.txt file in Documents\CyberTracker\System\Logs.

If you clear out the Upload Settings on the Transfer tab of File->Database Properties, then you get this behavior:

Cheers,
-Justin

O dear, so how can i fix my app not picking my my andriod phone? since that is the only way for me to be offline. Should i try it on another phone? or check the operating system?

below is the download.text file :slight_smile:

INFO: Download started at: 18/07/2024 06:33:20 PM 3.533
INFO: ConnectCE fail (Device not found)
INFO: ConnectSD fail (Device not found)
INFO: ConnectWPD success (Device not found)
INFO: Download completed at: 18/07/2024 06:33:20 PM

INFO: Download started at: 18/07/2024 06:37:49 PM 3.533
INFO: Download completed at: 18/07/2024 06:37:49 PM

INFO: Download started at: 18/07/2024 07:19:45 PM 3.533

INFO: Download started at: 18/07/2024 08:18:26 PM 3.533
INFO: Download completed at: 18/07/2024 08:18:29 PM

INFO: Download started at: 18/07/2024 08:18:56 PM 3.533
INFO: Download completed at: 18/07/2024 08:18:59 PM

like this ?

The way it is set up now, you cannot use the Publish feature at the same time as the Export Data feature.

Let’s try another way. The probable reason that your device is not being found is that the USB driver for your device is not found. This looks like a reasonable site: Download Ulefone USB Driver for Windows (Latest Driver). I think the ADB driver is the one that should work, but not sure.

Cheers,
-Justin

Thanks so much, this helped :slight_smile: