Can the symbology of a shp file used as an offline map, be changed in CyberTracker Online?

Dear Group
can the symbology of a shp file used as an offline map, be changed in CyberTracker Online? It displays thin and black and cannot be seen when used as an overlay.
I.e., i want to make it thicker or another colour.
Regards
Johan

The short answer is to render the shape file to a tile package (mbtiles, tpk or vtpk). For some reason I thought that there was a standard symbology file that ESRI used alongside the shape files, but I see that’s not a thing.

Cheers,
-Justin

Thx for the quick response.
The .lyr, or .lyrx file can be used in Arcgis to ‘automatically’ apply preset symbology, but I don’t think adding it to a zip file for CT, will work.
Regards

Yes, I saw that, but sadly my mapping SDK does not support it directly. I think it does make sense to support simple point, line and fill styles. However, since we already support KML and there are online converters, perhaps that would be simpler.

Cheers,
-Justin

thx, it makes sense then to rather use KML (of your colored choice), and not shp if the default black is a problem.
Regards
Johan

It makes sense to have something other than black for the shape files. Do you have a preference or is there a standard?

Hi, in gis I use certain colours for different things, eg rivers will always be blue, but main rivers may be 2 points and a darker blue and minor rivers 1 point and a less conspicuous blue (the backdrop plays a role in the visibility, eg a very light blue will stand out too much on a darkish backdrop).
Roads are often red, but not always as it varies on the type of road and personel preferences. Ps, we have 8 types of roads in our GIS.
The shp file I used in CT, was polygons of our compartments (management units). They are usually in the background and a less conspicuous colour, black or dark gray. The black is fine on OSM, but not very visible on Satellite.
So no one colour is actually suitable for everything. If I could only choose one colour, then red is probably best.

Sorry, I realise this isn’t very helpful.
Regards

No, that’s good. Red is better than black.