Bug on projects and view data

Hi,
I’ve noticed that data collection is working well for one project, as I can view the data using “View Data” and “Observations Table.” However, for another project, although the phone indicates that the data has been uploaded, I can’t find anything in the “Observations Table.” This is concerning, as it suggests that I may have lost a significant amount of data.
Your assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Gwen

Hi Gwen,
What is the name of the project? I can have a look at it.
Kind regards,
Louis

Hi Louis,
It is the ad libitum project.
Apparently we got a few data from my colleague (RN), but not from what I have collected (although it works perfectly for the focal sampling project).
Best,
Gwen

Hi Gwen,

For the Ad libitum project I find 43 observations from 2024/01/31 to 2024/04/19. Most of them for User name GG. How many observations did you collect?

Kind regards,
Louis

Hi Louis,
That’s weird, I have access to only 11 observations for the same period of time…
For instance, I have collected data yesterday (19/04/2024) but I cannot see it.
I don’t know exactly how much I have collected so far but it is for sure more than 11.
Best regards,
Gwen

Hi Gwen,
If only the “Troup following” filter tick-box is selected, you see 11 observations since you started collecting data, and none for yesterday.

If you select the “Moving Island” filter tick-box you see 9 observations you collected yesterday.

The Observation Filters defaults to the first filter tick-box option (“Troup following”) and only for the last month. This is so that there is not too much of a delay in showing the data - if all the filter tick-box options were selected by default for the last year of data it may take a while to load if you have slow internet connection Many of our users work in remote areas with slow internet. One project has already collected more than 30 000 observations in the first 6 months.

We will be developing a Report feature which will allow you to save a selection of Observation Filters for a chosen date range, so you would not need to select filters every time you want to view your data.

Kind regards,
Louis

Hi Louis,
Ah, I see now! I didn’t realize that some filters were selected by default. That makes more sense. I mistakenly assumed they were all selected and didn’t check. Thanks for pointing that out!
Best,
Gwen