Bug downloading data

Dear Justin,

I’m an experienced user of Cybertracker and I’m facing a problem I never had before.

I have a database called « AdLib ». I had to change its folder location and a couple of elements on it. I thus needed to re-install it on the field phone so that it known where to put the data from this « new » AdLib database. To do so :

1. I opened my cybertracker desktop app, plug my phone, click on « install (USB)».

2. It says « installation successful » BUT I got at this stage a new output in System-> Logs → UploadUrl :

INFO: Upload started from C:\Users\responsable\Documents\CyberTracker\System\Outgoing\ at 28/09/2024 12:00:40
INFO: Upload started from C:\Users\responsable\Documents\CyberTracker\System\Outgoing\ at 28/09/2024 12:02:10
INFO: Upload started from C:\Users\responsable\Documents\CyberTracker\System\Outgoing\ at 28/09/2024 12:03:04
INFO: Upload started from C:\Users\responsable\Documents\CyberTracker\System\Outgoing\ at 28/09/2024 12:03:11

1. Nonetheless, the updated apps installs well on the phone

2. Then, I enter data on the phone AdLib apps

3. I plug my phone again to computer, open cybertracker on desktop, press « download data »

Here, I have the following message : « 1 sighting(s), 0 tracks, 0 file(s) download»

1. But then the data do not show up in the database…

I can however find the data in the « backup » folder (not in the orphans, meaning that it did recognize which database to load the data into but didn’t).

I also at this stage have new output file in System-> Logs ->Download:

INFO: Download started at: 28/09/2024 12:19:21 3.533
INFO: ConnectCE fail (Device not found)
INFO: ConnectSD fail (Device not found)
INFO: ConnectWPD success ()
INFO: Download instance started at: 28/09/2024 12:19:22
INFO: Execute: Target is %Database%AdLib.MDB
INFO: Execute: 1 sighting(s) downloaded
INFO: Execute: 0 waypoint(s) downloaded
INFO: Execute: 0 log entries downloaded
INFO: Execute: 1883 element(s) downloaded
INFO: Execute: %Staging%AdLib_79F6428E_827AF9D6A10B4945972AD1D461305856.CTT created successfully
INFO: Completed succesfully at: 28/09/2024 12:19:22
INFO: ConnectWPD success (Device not found)
INFO: ConnectWPD success (Error searching for folder)
INFO: Download completed at: 28/09/2024 12:19:24

I tried to re-installed cybertracker on computer desktop and on the phone (via playstore). Same problem. I tried to create a new « simple » database from scratch and here it works (I can download data into this new database). So I wonder if my AdLib database is corrupted but I have 10 « old » databases and they all do the same bug. So unlikely.

Could you please give me some advice ?

Many thanks

Alice

Hi Alice,

Could you please confirm that you did not move your database file to a new location? This is the normal cause of this issue.

If you can please send me *justin@steventon.com) a copy of one of the databases that is broken, I will take a look. You will need to put the MDB file into a ZIP so that it does not get removed by the email systems. Otherwise, please put it on a web drive (like Google Drive) and send me a link.

Cheers,
-Justin