Apps of Cybertracker online don't catch the GPS locations (Lat -Lon)

Just to be clear, we do not want people to need to clear the cache or anything like that in order for CyberTracker to work.

I will get a Samsung device and see if I can reproduce this issue.

I cleared the cache of CT on my Samsung, but perhaps, if I waited (a bit) longer for having a GPS fix, it could have worked, without clearing the cache.
I donā€™t know, but on the Huawei, it worked immediately. So, I asked myself why not on the Samsung.

Dirk

I did another test. I turned my Samsung off, waited 3/4 hour and then, turned it on again. Now, there was no problem at all for Cybertracker online to work on the Samsung.

Dirk

Thanks for all the help with this issue, Dirk.

In case you were wondering what it was all for, the track is now something that will work even if CyberTracker is forced into the background or terminated. For example, if you take a phone call and this causes Android to terminate CyberTracker, the track will continue. Similarly, for ODK, KoBo and Survey123, users can capture lines and polygons with the same guarantee.

Cheers,
-Justin

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™ve been using CyberTracker for a long time, itā€™s amazing, but I still havenā€™t been able to solve the issue. Playstore has already updated to the new version, but despite clearing the cache, the error reappears, and it doesnā€™t detect the GPS. Iā€™ve also used the version you shared on this forum, and it works for a day or two before showing the same problem again. Iā€™m not sure if anyone has found a definitive solution. Thanks.

Can you please confirm that you are using build 1.0.512.

If your project does not contain any data, could you please try resetting your project using a long press on the project, then Reset? Select ā€œstate and dataā€ and the hold down to reset.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, I have also deleted the state. I completely formatted the devices to ensure that the information is fully erased, but the same issue keeps appearing. I have tested with versions 1.0.512 and 1.0.511, both show the same results.

Could you please send me a bug report?

Instructions here:
Troubleshooting | CyberTracker Wiki

1 Like

Hello, I noticed that Cybertracker has been updated to version 1.0.514 (versiĆ³n 1.0.514). Does this version already fix the GPS issue?

Yes, we do not know of any issues with builds greater than 512. If you are seeing an issue with the GPS, please let us know.