App not recording tracks anymore

The app on Android phone suddenly stopped recording the tracks.

Can you please tell us a little more details? Version of software, what you have explored, since which situation you have realized the problem, … Tnx

It’s the 1.0.486 version of the software. We have two identical brand new Android phones with this version, and one is working and the other isn’t. We also have Apple iPhones that are not working anymore, while another older Android phone with the same version is not having this issue. All of a sudden they stopped recording tracks and instead of saying “Tracks - 10 seconds” they started saying “Tracks - off”. None of the settings have been changed. We tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but it didn’t help.

Thanks for details. The identical devices have the same settings? Sometime the App rights must be set after installation of CyberTracker. My question is: does the phone(s) with the problem in tracks record the GPS data correct (Save sightings and record coordinates) or not?
But it sounds like a bug …

There have been some changes to the track system recently. Could you please share your application with me so I can verify it?

All the phones were working just fine initially, and then over time they stopped recording tracks. Only one of the two identical field phones, which have the same settings, is working now, along with my own personal Android phone.

I am preparing an update (hopefully available this week), which will help. Let me know if you would like to test it yourself ahead of time.

Justin, does it stop, if a screen contains “Configure GPS-control” with Track Timer = 0 … or only if Startscreen is activated? (Only Startscreen would be unfortunately.) My Device shows some notification about running location and I think I switched it off (with “Configure GPS”) but may be my observation was wrong!?

If the notification is up, then the track is still being recorded.

Could you send me a bug report?

ok, Justin . I think my observation was wrong. I’ve double checked it with two classic applications and I think that “Track Time = 0” will switch off the savings and avoid the notification correctly.

Okay, let me know if something changes. If the timer is off, it should show “Track timer = Off” and the notification should disappear.

I’m also having trouble with the tracks not showing up. It was recording and showing up in the view data table as a track file when it was first set up. I then connect two phones, Android and iPhone and for the last few months with many changes and updates it seems to count the timer track on the organizational statistics page but not in the data table or when I export table. Assuming its a bug?

Could you please make sure you have the latest build from the Play Store and try again?

Do you mean reinstalling the cybertracker app from the app store back on my phone? If so I did that last night and tested and unfortunately didn’t work. Really appreciate your help.

I have asked the developer if there is any export for tracks, but I do not see a way to get them out right now.

Looks like everything is working right now. If set the drop down from “Map view” to “Observations table”, then you can see the track files and you can download them.

Cheers,
-Justin

Nah no track files showing in the observation table unfortunately but track file count still counting. Very weird. Seems as if there’s a gremlin in the system. All good I’ll scrap the account I have and start fresh. Cheers

Do you have a screen shot? You may have to scroll the table all the way to the right to see the track files…

Screen shots attached. As you can see no tracks showing in the table. Added extra screen shots FYI

Phone seems to be collecting tracks but cant see them in the table or the map.