Add screen to existing app

Hi there

Could somebody please help me to add a screen to our existing app as the person who built it is no longer available?
I can provide the CTX file and a description of what we need.

I could do this, but where in the flow? Between which screens? And which kind of number (quantity) you want to have?

And be aware. I have current version 3.530. If I save this and you have older version, it is little difficult to open.

Cheers Holger, Germany

The screen will need to be after the screen that asks “fish pass provided?” and will only appear if the answer to that is “yes”.
The new screen should be named “materials used”
The number format (qty) should be 000.0
I am not sure what to do about the version question - may Justin can help?

Sorry, there are some more problems:

1. To edit the application I need Admin passwort (pic 1)
  2. I cannot find the text “Fish pass provided?” on any screen. On my snapshot you see a similar question. May be you talk about this screen? (pic1)
  3. Unfortunately this screen comes again later in the flow (pic2). → This or that or both?

But without login I cannot help.
Cheers
Holger

Zwischenablage03

password “ats”
Yes, this is the screen that the new one is to follow.
Not sure why there are two versions of the same question however one may be when the “Full Survey” is used and the other could be when the “Monitoring Survey” is used.
The app was built over a long period of time with many changes along the way and this just may be a glitch?
Maybe it can be fixed too?
The one with Yes/No/Unknown is preferred.
Do they both report to the same column in the csv?

I will try my best to solve this.

What I see is that both of the screens use the result element “Fish_Pass_Fitted”. The flow I will check too. I see that on “Full Survey” in “Survey Type” the 1st screen (pic1) is used, but second (pic2) is used if you choose “Monitoring Survey”. If you choose “Quick” than non of this screens is reached.

So what should I do? New screen on two places?

Yes please - new screen in both places

I think I got it, but some more questions:

Bild_2023-09-07_092046458

a) 000.0 format means the maximum value is 999.9?
b) in Report → Query Table I see “Device_ID” and “DeviceId”. I guess the “Device_ID” is not used. but “DeviceId” is filled out automatically from device. Should I delete “Device_ID”?. But you can also do if necessary.

The current state of change you can find here:

Please check it and reply.
Cheers
Holger

That looks great!
Yes max value 999.9
Need to check with our data guy about the ID columns and get him to open it up - he is away for a few days.
Also please confirm that it is possible to complete more than one option?

Yes you can fill quantities in all rows in the same time.
The ID is not a big problem, only an empty column in reports.
Please open with CT 3.530 and install in Device. After check please reply and I can put it in my archive.
Good luck
Holger

Great!
I will get Ross out IT guy to run the test on his devices.

Looks good. I did make one change which is to move the new view “Structures In Waterways V6.1” to the first tab position. This is because I use a script to open the app and export the data, and the script uses the first / default view.

Great. Good luck, if you need more help, than let me know.
Holger

Hi Holger.

FYI the addition to the app is working well.

Many thanks.

Thanks for this info. Good luck. Cheers, Holger

Hi there Holger

You may recall that you helped us refine our Structures in Waterways app a while back and I can report that it is working great.
We need what i think is a daily simple modification to the app so I am asking if you are able to help with that?
It is just a change of 2 screens/questions to expand from what is currently a choice of 2 to a choice of 10.

Cheers

ok, send me a specification to your request. I can do it.

But what you think? Does it make sense that we can have any video meeting to show you the handling of some simple changings?

What is you location (my time zone is Berlin)
Holger

Hi Holger
NZ is GMT + 12 and we have daylight saving.

The time now is 8:38PM

the screens we need to modify are:

Upstream waterway

Downstream waterway

The choices will be a simplified version of this.

Potential Fish Habitat Metric
0 - Unknown - unassessed or obscured

1 - Stormwater runoff from roads etc. A usually dry flow path with few, if any aquatic plants, and no exposed bed material.

2 - Wetland areas (some wetland vegetation - less than 50%) with no open water and little outflow - may have groundwater seepage. May support specific species able to hibernate during dry periods.

3 - Wetland (more than 50% wetland vegetation) with swimmable outflow

4 - Temporary/ephemeral/intermittent - Obvious flow path that may occasionally be dry and may have remnant pools when the main channel is dry.

5 - Ponds and lakes. Directly adjacent structure where the structure is part of the outflow.

6 - Permanently wet flow path, accessible only to fish with a jumping, wriggling or climbing ability. Usually steep.

7 - Rivers & streams. Permanently wet area or flow path - suitable and or accessible for all fish species

8 - Tidal estuary or creek

9 - None of the above

Bild_2024-03-02_151253766

This is one of the current screen. I did not get what is necessary to modify. And what is to do with the long text? Do you need something like a help screen?

It would be good we couldt talk (exactly 12 hours difference, may be at 7 am here and 7 pm in NZ?)

Holger

Hi Hoger
Further to our discussion, I have modified both the long and short forms.

Potential Fish Habitat Metric
Long form

0 - Unknown - unassessed or obscured.

1 - Stormwater / ephemeral watercourse - runoff from roads, drainage ditch etc. A usually dry flow path with few, if any aquatic plants, and no exposed bed material.

2 - Damp area / groundwater seepage with no open water. May support specific species able to hibernate during dry periods.

3 - Wetland (more than 50% wetland vegetation) with swimmable outflow.

4 - Intermittent watercourse. Obvious flow path that may occasionally be dry and may have remnant pools when the main channel is dry.

5 - Ponds & Lakes. Directly adjacent structure where the structure is part of the outflow.

6 – Upper perennial watercourse (limited habitat). Permanently wet area or flow path. Accessible only to fish with a jumping, wriggling or climbing ability but likely limited habitat for those species – small flow rate, no pool habitat, no spawning opportunities etc. Usually steep in gradient.

7 – Upper perennial watercourse (habitat). Permanently wet area or flow path. Accessible only to fish with a jumping, wriggling or climbing ability with habitat likely available for those species – adequate flow rate, pool habitat, spawning opportunities etc. Usually steep in gradient.

8 – Mid / Lower perennial watercourse e.g. rivers & streams. Permanently wet area or flow path. Accessible to all fish species. Usually low gradient. May include modified waterways.

9 - Tidal estuary or tidal creek.

10 - None of the above.

Short form.

0 - Unknown/obscured

1 - Stormwater / ephemeral

2 – Damp area / groundwater

3 - Wetland - swimmable outflow

4 - Intermittent watercourse

5 - Ponds or lakes.

6 - Upper perennial (limited habitat).

7 - Upper perennial (habitat).

8 - Mid / Lower perennial watercourse